Outdoor events are a great way to bring everyone together, whether it’s a corporate group celebrating a milestone away from the office or a non-profit hosting a fundraiser. Making that event successful, of course, is everyone’s goal.
Here at Celebration Gardens, we work with our clients to help them at every step of the way. We partner with a variety of vendors, including event planners, and we’ll help you iron out all the details – even the ones you may not have considered.
Here are some things to think about as you select a venue for your event:
• Logistics – Is the venue conveniently located so that guests are not discouraged by having to make a long drive to get there? Is convenient parking available nearby, or is there valet service? Is it large enough to accommodate your guest list?
• Aesthetics – Does the venue align with your goal for the event? For instance, a very casual venue like a barn might not be ideal for a black-tie fundraiser.
• What is included? – Every venue offers different services and packages, so it’s important to understand clearly up front exactly what you can expect. As an example, some venues provide tables, chairs, and linens, while others do not. While the saying “Don’t sweat the small stuff” may be true in some cases, it is definitely not true with event planning. (If you don’t want to sweat the small stuff, consider hiring a professional.)
• Vendors – Some venues require that you use their catering services or specific vendors they have approved. Be sure to look into the details here, too. You don’t want to end up with a perfect venue but less than stellar food or service.
• Special considerations – Outdoor events can be a wonderful change of pace, but holding an event outdoors adds another consideration, namely that nature doesn’t remain static for long. For instance, here at Celebration Gardens, we have a variety of plants that bloom at different times of the year. Since most events are planned well in advance, even a visit to the venue may not give you a very good picture of what it will look like at the time of your event. Ask for photos of the venue from the season in which you will be holding your event.
• Make it fun – There are lots of things you can do in an outdoor event venue that wouldn’t work indoors. Get creative and take advantage of being outside. If you’re short on ideas, the venue may be able to make suggestions, or you can work with an event planner.
With the right planning and preparation, outdoor events can be a spectacular opportunity to do something different that your attendees will love.
If you’re looking for a venue in the Orlando area, give us a call at 407-896-0314.