Destination weddings have been growing in popularity for quite some time now, and Florida is very popular, especially among Northerners getting married in the winter. You and your guests can escape the cold, snowy climate for somewhere more temperate while enjoying all the attractions and amenities that Florida offers. If you are thinking about a destination wedding in Central Florida (or anywhere), there are some things you should consider:
- Planning from afar can be more complicated. You need to find the right partners to help ensure that your wedding day is exactly what you want it to be. It’s probably unrealistic (and expensive) to bring caterers, photographers, videographers, florists, and cake makers from your location to the destination. How will you find the service providers you need when you aren’t physically there? Consider hiring a wedding planner in the locale where your wedding will be held. Good planners will have all the connections you need and save you from having to interview dozens of vendors and possibly make multiple visits to the area during the planning process.
- Logistics need to be considered. How will your guests get to the city? How will they get to the hotel? How will they get from the hotel to the site of the wedding and/or reception?
- Depending on timing, your guests might need to be there for a few days or even longer. Are they responsible for finding their own entertainment while there, or will you arrange for things for them to do?
- Are your guests likely to be able to attend your wedding if it’s far away? You might dream of having a wedding in Paris, but will you be disappointed if many of your guests can’t make it?
- On a related note, consider your own travel expenses. Search for the best flight options, but also remember that you may need to ship some things in
advance, such as bride’s and bridesmaids’ dresses, tuxedoes, or any special décor that you want to use.
- While it’s possible to do all the planning for a wedding from a distance, if possible consider a scouting trip to be sure that you are going to get everything you want for a perfect wedding.
Here at Celebration Gardens, we offer a beautiful outdoor venue that can accommodate a wide variety of needs, from weddings to events, in beautiful Orlando, FL.John Michael Exquisite Weddings and Special Events, offers a variety of services for destination weddings, including planning, catering and all-inclusive packages. Contact us today to learn more.